Java Matrix Operations

M. Fernandez

Hi everybody,

i am looking for a java library (from Sun or Open Source) that may help
me to do simple operations with matrix/images (2D and 3D specially), like:

- Basic arithmetic operations
- Correlations
- Fourier transforms
- Cropping
- Convert different formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF).

do you know about a library that can do this specialize stuff?

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Stefan Ram

M. Fernandez said:
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Correlations
- Fourier transforms
- Cropping
- Convert different formats (PNG, GIF, JPEG, TIFF).
do you know about a library that can do this specialize stuff?

You might find parts of it in

JScience
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCONCEPTXSSOFTWAREXSYJYSCIENCE
http://jscience.org/

ImageJ
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCONCEPTXSSOFTWAREXSYIMAGEYJ
http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/

Java Imaging Utilities
http://purl.net/stefan_ram/garnoo/XOCONCEPTXSSOFTWAREXSYJAVAXGYIMAGINGXGYUTILITIES
http://jiu.sourceforge.net/

M. Fernandez

I have found some stuff with the JAI, have you alredy used it?? If yes,
what are the limitations of this package?

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Stefan Ram

M. Fernandez said:
I have found some stuff with the JAI, have you alredy used it??
If yes, what are the limitations of this package?

Sorry, but I have not yet used it.

Maybe someone else could answer this?

~Glynne

ImageJ should have what you need - http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/