    application with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008?

    Thanks,
    Luke
    Luke, Mar 15, 2008

  2. Luke wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I'd like to implement a commercial application on my PDA (Dell Axim
    > 30). Of course this application should run on as much as other small
    > devices.
    > I have a lot of experice in programming java application, but I have
    > no experience on small devices. Well, I did some Internet Research and
    > now I am not sure if Java is the right decision.
    > First of all there are very few JVM (with CDC) that runs on my PDA
    > (http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/~fittond/ppcjava.html). Secondly I was
    > suprised to read that Sun announced the EOL of their own
    > implementation.
    > Does this all means that this technology (Java on PocketPC) is about
    > to die? What do U think, would it be better to implement the
    > application with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Luke

    You could first try to get a HelloWorld to run on your device (or a
    simulator, if available) and go from there. Just because they won't
    support the technology doesn't mean it will not work anymore
    (hopefully).

    Kind of OT, but todays portable devices are turning into actual
    computers, so maybe vendors like Sun think it's Ok to start dropping
    chunks instead of crumbs (bad translation of the german saying "klotzen,
    nicht kleckern").

    (I do support optimizing memory use)
    --
    Sabine Dinis Blochberger

    Op3racional
    www.op3racional.eu
    Sabine Dinis Blochberger, Mar 18, 2008

  3. Luke

    Lew Guest

    Sabine Dinis Blochberger wrote:
    > Kind of OT, but todays portable devices are turning into actual
    > computers, so maybe vendors like Sun think it's Ok to start dropping
    > chunks instead of crumbs (bad translation of the german saying "klotzen,
    > nicht kleckern").

    www.freetranslation.com renders that as "hulk, do not spill", or more loosely,
    "bulk, not spillover", but I trust your rendition more, so I'm going to
    loosely adapt your translation to either, "loaves, not crumbs", or "steins (or
    barrels), not drippings".

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 18, 2008