Java Media Framework - Play MPEG2 without mpeglayer3-stream

Discussion in 'Java' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stefan_D=F6rr?=, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    at the moment i try to play a mpeg2 movie with the java media framework.

    I got the code up and running as long as i've installed windows performance
    pack. If i don't install it, i get a exception which means that the
    mpeglayer3 isn't supported. As far as i found out it is only the sound-codec
    in the file and i don't need to playback it.

    Is there a possibility to remove the sound and play the movie without
    installed performance-pack? or is the movie codec the next problem where i
    need to stop if i solve the mpeglayer3 problem?

    Or - another possibility - is it possible to distribute the whole
    performance-pack for windows/linux to play mpeg2's? Do I need to distribute
    some more files than the standard JAR's?

    Thanks,

    Stefan

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stefan_D=F6rr?=, Jun 17, 2007