JAVA MEDIA FRAMEWORK QUESTION

Willis

Good afternoon all,

Can anyone please give me a high/mid level overview as to how the JMF
interfaces with audio input and playback hardware? Please back up
your explanation with resources if possible.

Thank you!

Andrew Thompson

Please back up your explanation with resources if possible.

Please back up your question with Google if possible.

What have your searches for this information revealed?
In what way were they unsatisfactory?

Roedy Green

Can anyone please give me a high/mid level overview as to how the JMF
interfaces with audio input and playback hardware?

What are you asking here?

1. an explanation of how i/o ports, memory mapped devices work?

2. an explanation for how you add a new driver?

3. a list of what hardware is supported?

4. point you to the interfaces implemented by device drivers?

5. how you write simple code to use JMF?

6. What can JMF do for you?

You appear to be asking an under the hood question before you even
know what JMF does.