    to check memory, resources used , etc

    Any idea?

    I'm using JVisualVM (inside JDK) but I need something better..
    Quantumuniverses, May 29, 2014

  2. Info I'd like to monitor:

    - number of classes loaded and threads running
    - Java VM uptime, system properties, and VM input arguments
    - threads
    - memory consumption
    - garbage collection stat
    - low memory detection
    - on-demand deadlock detection

    I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it

    Quantumuniverses, May 29, 2014

  3. On 29.05.2014 11:48, Quantumuniverses wrote:
    > Info I'd like to monitor:
    >
    > - number of classes loaded and threads running
    > - Java VM uptime, system properties, and VM input arguments
    > - threads
    > - memory consumption
    > - garbage collection stat
    > - low memory detection
    > - on-demand deadlock detection
    >

    > "Quantumuniverses" ha scritto nel messaggio
    >
    > I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it
    > to check memory, resources used , etc
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > I'm using JVisualVM (inside JDK) but I need something better..

    What does "better" mean? IOW: what are you missing in jvisualvm?

    Cheers

    robert
    Robert Klemme, May 29, 2014
  4. Quantumuniverses

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 29 May 2014 11:43:25 +0200, "Quantumuniverses"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it
    >to check memory, resources used , etc

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/profiler.html
    Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things.
    You just get used to them.
    ~ John von Neumann (born: 1903-12-28 died: 1957-02-08 at age: 53)
    Roedy Green, May 29, 2014

  5. >>What does "better" mean? IOW: what are you missing in jvisualvm?

    Even if you enlarge the period of observation, you can't have all the time
    you want and moreover you can't store data collected.. (for example)

    And I was curious to know if there was a better software, if servers of big
    companies are monitored by JVisualVM or any other more professional
    monitor..
    Quantumuniverses, May 30, 2014
  6. On 30.05.2014 09:25, Quantumuniverses wrote:

    >>> What does "better" mean? IOW: what are you missing in jvisualvm?

    > Even if you enlarge the period of observation, you can't have all the
    > time you want and moreover you can't store data collected.. (for example)
    >
    > And I was curious to know if there was a better software, if servers of
    > big companies are monitored by JVisualVM or any other more professional
    > monitor..

    If you want to record, there is jstat and options to write a GC log.
    And you can query various JMX beans. So a lot is available via tools
    coming with the JRE / JDK. And you'd be surprised how many enterprises
    use custom monitoring solution... :) Having said that there are
    probably tools around that promise professional monitoring of Java
    applications.

    Kind regards

    robert
    Robert Klemme, May 30, 2014
  7. Quantumuniverses

    markspace Guest

    On 5/30/2014 10:24 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:
    > If you want to record, there is jstat and options to write a GC log. And
    > you can query various JMX beans. So a lot is available via tools coming

    I wouldn't overlook doing your own logging and reading log files. If
    you're interested in specific things, logging might be the best. Even
    if not, a good general suit of logs is a useful thing for any application.
    markspace, May 30, 2014