    format.

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Sam

    Sam, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Sam

    Dan P Guest

    > Hi, I need source code in java for recording audio in MP3 format.
    >
    > Currently i have a similar code which actually records audio in WAV.
    > Problem with this is that, as it buffers audio (in RAM) in wav format
    > consumes hell lot of memory and ultimately end by throwing out of
    > memory exception.

    Have you tried Java Media Framework (JMF)?

    Dan P, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Sam wrote:
    > Hi, I need source code in java for recording audio in MP3 format.
    >
    > Currently i have a similar code which actually records audio in WAV.
    > Problem with this is that, as it buffers audio (in RAM) in wav format
    > consumes hell lot of memory and ultimately end by throwing out of
    > memory exception.
    >
    > So, I need java code which buffers audio in MP3 format & not in wav
    > format.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help
    > Sam

    There is a MP3 plugin for JavaSound and JMF but why don't you buffer to
    disk? It should be plenty fast unless you have a really slow disk drive.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/

    Knute Johnson, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Knute Johnson wrote:
    > Sam wrote:
    > > Hi, I need source code in java for recording audio in MP3 format.
    > >
    > > Currently i have a similar code which actually records audio in WAV.
    > > Problem with this is that, as it buffers audio (in RAM) in wav format
    > > consumes hell lot of memory and ultimately end by throwing out of
    > > memory exception.
    > >
    > > So, I need java code which buffers audio in MP3 format & not in wav
    > > format.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your help
    > > Sam
    > >

    > There is a MP3 plugin for JavaSound and JMF but why don't you buffer to
    > disk? It should be plenty fast unless you have a really slow disk drive.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Knute Johnson
    > email s/nospam/knute/

    Hi, Johnson
    I'm buffering to the disc once the stream reaches the threshold value.
    But while playing the merged file, there is small gap or pause after
    every merge.

    I am able to record for unlimited amount of time but at the cost of
    quality of the audio.

    And Dan, I dont think JMF supports MP3 recording. Does it support?

    Need your help
    Sam

    Sam, Nov 2, 2006