Java native with RMI - cannot load the library

Discussion in 'Java' started by Krystian, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. Krystian

    Krystian Guest

    Hi,

    i'm on a mission to set up an app that would check the server load.
    I've got a native library to do so and it was tested using normal /not
    RMI/ app - worked just fine.
    Now i'm trying to get it to work with RMI but it's a pain in the ass.

    I've got it all running with RMI, i unpack the dll file to a root
    folder of application, check if everything is ok /it is/ and try to
    load the library.
    Unfortunately it does not load!
    Library file name is: wininfo.dll
    When i do System.loadLibrary("wininfo");
    i get en exception unsatisfied link error.
    When i try to load with
    System.load("D:\\Application\\server\\wininfo.dll");
    i get same thing!
    Each way worked just fine without the RMI!

    I am testing it on local filesystem, RMI works fine, the remote class
    invokes another one, which uses native methods, so it's not the 'dll
    should be in client directory' issue.

    Any ideas?

    Best regards,
    Krystian