Java not installing properly on Windows Server 2003 x64

Wes Harrison

I am trying to install J2SE 5.0_04 on Windows Server 2003 x64 using the
AMD64 download but it doesn't install properly. There are no errors; just
that there is no Java icon in the Control Panel and none of the file
associations is set up. All the JDK files are actually installed but it is
not integrated into the Windows environment at all.

Any ideas? Will the 32-bit Windows JDK run better instead?

Thanks,

Wes