Java on PocketPC

Timo Nentwig

Hi!

Is there a JRE for PocketPCs (Samsung CPU)? And if so would it be J2ME or
J2SE?

Leo Gaggl

Timo said:
Hi!

Is there a JRE for PocketPCs (Samsung CPU)? And if so would it be J2ME or
J2SE?

I would suggest you use Google before posting general questions like
this on a Newsgroup.

http://www.google.com.au/search?&q=java on pocketpc&num=100&sourceid=firefox

The first 25 hits should all give you a good overview.

The question has been answered xxx times:

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=java on pocketpc&num=100&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

The Samsung CPU is AFAIK a ARM derivative (at least the ones I have
used) and there is plenty of VM's available for ARM. Some compliant with
PersonalJava some J2ME. HP (Compaq) shipped most of their IPaq's with
Jeode. Haven't used any of the new ones for a while

If you have more specific questions I am happy to help, but I suggest
some reading first.

Leo
Adelaide, South Australia