    Hello,

    does anybody know any lib for using OpenOffice documents from Java?

    Thanks in advance
    ttrifonov, Sep 1, 2005

  2. ttrifonov wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anybody know any lib for using OpenOffice documents from Java?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You can use OpenOffice's SDK
    http://udk.openoffice.org/
    Massimo Dell'Andrea, Sep 1, 2005

  3. ttrifonov

    The Magpie Guest

    ttrifonov wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anybody know any lib for using OpenOffice documents from Java?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    The SDK provided by Open Office will do fine.
    The Magpie, Sep 1, 2005
  4. ttrifonov

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:53:06 +0200, Massimo Dell'Andrea
    <_massimo_._1975_@_google_._com_> wrote or quoted :

    >You can use OpenOffice's SDK
    >http://udk.openoffice.org/

    I had a look at their website and it has the typical unixoid approach,
    leaping into telling you how it works without first telling you what
    it is for other than in grand, abstract and sweeping terms that it
    interconnects things.

    What does it do really?

    What real world products does it interconnect.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 1, 2005
  5. ttrifonov

    Steve Sobol Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > What real world products does it interconnect.

    Without doing a ton of research, my guess would be "products produced by
    third parties" and "various parts of OpenOffice."

    Company website: http://JustThe.net/
    E: Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
    Steve Sobol, Sep 2, 2005
  6. ttrifonov

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:32:18 -0700, Steve Sobol <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Without doing a ton of research, my guess would be "products produced by
    >third parties" and "various parts of OpenOffice."

    How idiotic to produce a product that has to be deeply studied before
    you know what is even for.

    Imagine if companies wrote similar computational material for
    themselves. "It's creamy, its white, it contains surginol, and new
    improved enzymatic energisers." Imagine a commercial for a floor wax
    that left you unclear whether this stuff was for floors, furniture or
    pets, or a dessert topping.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 2, 2005
  7. ttrifonov

    The Magpie Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:32:18 -0700, Steve Sobol <>
    > wrote or quoted :
    >

    >>Without doing a ton of research, my guess would be "products produced by
    >>third parties" and "various parts of OpenOffice."

    > How idiotic to produce a product that has to be deeply studied before
    > you know what is even for.
    >
    > Imagine if companies wrote similar computational material for
    > themselves. "It's creamy, its white, it contains surginol, and new
    > improved enzymatic energisers." Imagine a commercial for a floor wax
    > that left you unclear whether this stuff was for floors, furniture or
    > pets, or a dessert topping.

    Come on, guys - the usual thing for an SDK is that it is a "software
    development kit" and what can you say about that? I guess, it would be
    too obvious to say it allows you to write software that works with
    OpenOffice, but what else can you say?
    The Magpie, Sep 2, 2005
  8. Hi,

    The Magpie wrote:
    > Come on, guys - the usual thing for an SDK is that it is a "software
    > development kit" and what can you say about that? I guess, it would be
    > too obvious to say it allows you to write software that works with
    > OpenOffice, but what else can you say?

    Well, I looked at the page as well, and I could not find out if it is
    possible to generate an Open-Office-document with the SDK, or to remote
    control an Open-Office-Application, or to integrate an
    Open-Office-Editor in your Java-application, or ....

    I must admit that I do not know it until now, although I'm interested in it!

    Ciao,
    Ingo
    Ingo R. Homann, Sep 2, 2005
  9. ttrifonov

    Steve Sobol Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    >>Without doing a ton of research, my guess would be "products produced by
    >>third parties" and "various parts of OpenOffice."

    > How idiotic to produce a product that has to be deeply studied before
    > you know what is even for.

    Come on, Roedy. It's an SDK. I have never, ever looked at any literature
    regarding the OOo SDK, yet I was able to make what I believe is an accurate
    guess as to the purpose of the SDK. It's designed to allow others to hook
    into OOo. I don't understand the (apparent) confusion...

    Steve Sobol, Sep 3, 2005