    without a lot of fuss.

    TIA,
    Adam

    Adam, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Adam

    John Bailo Guest

    Adam wrote:

    > This is my third try at this posting. Something must be wrong with my
    > setup. Here's one last try. I'm looking for a Java HTML parser that will let
    > me parse checkbox names/values as well as their text labels. I need to write
    > a Java program that GETs a web page, processes it, then POSTs the desired
    > choices. I have seen many good parsers, but none that let me do what I want
    > without a lot of fuss.

    Why don't you use a Regex with a Matches group to extract that
    information from the HTML -- write your own parser basically.

    John Bailo, Dec 14, 2005

  3. Thomas Weidenfeller, Dec 14, 2005
  4. Adam

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:

    > > This is my third try at this posting. Something must be wrong with
    > > my setup.

    > And it is the third time I see it. Was there anything wrong with the
    > previous eight or so answers you got?

    Presumably he can't see them any more than he can see his own posts.

    (FWIW, I've emailed him directly to say that his posts /are/ showing up, I
    daresay I'm not the only one to do so...)

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Dec 14, 2005
  5. Adam

    Cos Guest

    Hey.

    Try to google this thing
    HTMLEditorKit.ParserCallback
    Not the best HTML parser ever but it does job.

    Cos

    Cos, Dec 15, 2005
  6. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Hello all,

    I finally got to see my post and all your kind responses. I still don't
    have a good answer to my original post though. I am looking for a Java HTML
    parser that would let me decode all the names, values and labels of a bunch
    of checkboxes on a web page. I then want to present the info to my user and
    POST a response. I guess what I am after is more like a simple interpreter
    or browser. This is a labor of love for my wife actually. We homeschool our
    children using a curriculum from Bob Jones University. They broadcast their
    classes over satellite and have a web site to indicate schedules and such. I
    want to be able to GET the class options and POST her choices
    programmatically. I already have code that can digitally record the shows.
    What I am missing is the ability to download and process the schedules.

    TIA,
    Adam

    Adam, Dec 17, 2005