Java Persistence API in desktop apps

John O'Conner

I'm investigating how to use the Java Persistence API in desktop apps.
The claim is that although this api comes from Java EE 5, we can use
it in desktop apps that require a database/persistence. Typically,
I've just created my own DAO classes and have used plain SQL and JDBC.
However, the JPA seems like it might offer some benefits on the
desktop.

What experiences have you had with the Java Persistence API (JPA) in
desktop applications? Is this technology too much for rich client/
desktop apps?

Regards,
John O.