Java Pet Store Demo 1.3.2 trouble

Discussion in 'Java' started by amitg@cse.iitb.ac.in, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi, I am new to J2EE. I tried installing the sample petstore
    application available at Suns' site. I follwed the installation
    instructions located at following url
    http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/jps132/docs/installing.html

    I was able to successfully install and deploy the petstore application.
    But to run the demo when I enter http://localhost:8000/petstore the
    J2EE's webserver
    returns 404 File not found.

    -------------------------------------
    J2EE SDK/1.3.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /petstore/

    type Status report

    message /petstore/

    description The requested resource (/petstore/) is not available.
    --------------------------------------

    do I have to make any changes in the config file..?
    The .war files are deployed in
    J2EE_HOME/repository/myHostName/explodeTMP/PetStoreEAR/

    any help will be highly appreciated.

    tia,
    Amit

    , Jun 28, 2005

    Finally managed to install the application after many unsuccessful
    attemps. Did nothing new except that installed it on my poor(read 128mb
    ram) home computer instead.
    Took whole 15 mins to deploy it and then another 10 to populate the
    database.

    -Amit

    wrote:
    > Hi, I am new to J2EE. I tried installing the sample petstore
    > application available at Suns' site. I follwed the installation
    > instructions located at following url
    > http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/jps132/docs/installing.html
    >
    > I was able to successfully install and deploy the petstore application.
    > But to run the demo when I enter http://localhost:8000/petstore the
    > J2EE's webserver
    > returns 404 File not found.
    >
    > -------------------------------------
    > J2EE SDK/1.3.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /petstore/
    >
    > type Status report
    >
    > message /petstore/
    >
    > description The requested resource (/petstore/) is not available.
    >
    > do I have to make any changes in the config file..?
    > The .war files are deployed in
    > J2EE_HOME/repository/myHostName/explodeTMP/PetStoreEAR/
    >

    > any help will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > tia,
    > Amit

    , Jun 29, 2005