    "The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll>"

    I am using J2SE 1.4.2_05 and Windows 2000. How do I fix this problem?

    Wes
    Wes Harrison, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Andrew Thompson, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Wes Harrison

    Wes Harrison Guest

    http://www.commbank.com.au/default.asp
    Wes Harrison, Aug 10, 2004
  4. On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:42:30 +1000, Wes Harrison wrote:

    I am replying to this post 'cos I trimmed most
    of the pertinent information from the other..

    > I am visiting a web site

    <http://www.commbank.com.au/default.asp>

    Ahhh... 'Bastard Bank' ;-)

    >..that uses Java applets and I get the following
    > error in a window titled "Java Plug-in Fatal Error":
    >
    > "The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll>"
    >
    > I am using J2SE 1.4.2_05 and Windows 2000. How do I fix this problem?

    I do not get that error on that page using the
    1.5 (BETA) plug-in... Does anybody have 1.4.2_05
    that could check it?

    In any case, it *does* sound suspiciously like
    you have a corrupted Java installation..

    Are you lurking Roedy? You have more experience
    with failed installations than I do..

    To Wes.. I might point you to the mindprod.com
    site for Roedy's instructions on un & reinstalling
    the JVM, but I am reluctant to recommend that until
    I hear from someone with more experience in failed
    installations, and Roedy is one of those people
    (sh*t, he has pages devoted to it, he has dealt
    with lots of arcane problems of this nature..)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Aug 10, 2004