Java product links?

Marc Dzaebel

What kind of products are you after?

Especially bigger desktop applications. However, I'd like to prove that
there are available Java tools in enterprize quality. I'm not only focussed
on free tools.

Rick Ross recently published a list of free tools in javalobby:

Ant, BlueJ, Commons, dom4J, Eclipse, FormLayoutMaker, GCViewer, Hibernate,
iText, jEdit, Kunststoff, Lucene, Maven, NetBeans, OSCache, Piccolo, Quartz,
Retr! oweaver, SiteMesh, Tomcat, UJAC, Velocity, WebWork, XDoclet, yGuard,
Zaval, Jalopy, JBoss, Jcrontab, JDepend, Jetty, JFreeChart, etcetera,
etcetera, etcetera.

Thanks in advance

Marc

Marc Dzaebel

What sort of products?

Roedy,

yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
others ;-)

Thanks, Marc

Roedy Green

yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
others ;-)

I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be
used?

"Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
there were no end-user Java apps.

Marc Dzaebel

I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be

in a way. However, it could give some indication of Java's maturity.
"Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
there were no end-user Java apps.

I found them, thanks!

Marc