    Marc Dzaebel Guest

    what is the most complete page of Java products?

    Thanks, Marc
    Marc Dzaebel, May 9, 2004

  2. Marc Dzaebel

    Murray Guest

    "Marc Dzaebel" <> wrote in message
    news:c7ln98$sqc$01$-online.com...
    > what is the most complete page of Java products?
    >
    > Thanks, Marc

    What kind of products are you after?
    Murray, May 9, 2004

  3. Marc Dzaebel

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 18:46:47 +0200, "Marc Dzaebel" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >what is the most complete page of Java products?

    What sort of products?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/profiler.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdbc.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/compiler.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 9, 2004
  4. Marc Dzaebel

    Marc Dzaebel Guest

    > What kind of products are you after?

    Especially bigger desktop applications. However, I'd like to prove that
    there are available Java tools in enterprize quality. I'm not only focussed
    on free tools.

    Rick Ross recently published a list of free tools in javalobby:

    Ant, BlueJ, Commons, dom4J, Eclipse, FormLayoutMaker, GCViewer, Hibernate,
    iText, jEdit, Kunststoff, Lucene, Maven, NetBeans, OSCache, Piccolo, Quartz,
    Retr! oweaver, SiteMesh, Tomcat, UJAC, Velocity, WebWork, XDoclet, yGuard,
    Zaval, Jalopy, JBoss, Jcrontab, JDepend, Jetty, JFreeChart, etcetera,
    etcetera, etcetera.

    Thanks in advance

    Marc
    Marc Dzaebel, May 9, 2004
  5. Marc Dzaebel

    Marc Dzaebel Guest

    > What sort of products?

    Roedy,

    yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
    links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
    than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
    others ;-)

    Thanks, Marc
    Marc Dzaebel, May 9, 2004
  6. Marc Dzaebel wrote:

    >> What kind of products are you after?

    > Especially bigger desktop applications. However, I'd like to prove that
    > there are available Java tools in enterprize quality. I'm not only
    > focussed on free tools.

    An extensive list of Swing applications:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/sightings/

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, May 9, 2004
  7. Marc Dzaebel

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 22:58:28 +0200, "Marc Dzaebel" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >yes of course I should have looked in your very helpfull glossary. Good
    >links, thank you! However, the mentioned tools belong to Java itself rather
    >than being "Enduser" tools. This kind would interest me here. (Usually the
    >others ;-)

    I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be
    used?

    "Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
    day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
    there were no end-user Java apps.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 9, 2004
  8. Marc Dzaebel

    Marc Dzaebel Guest

    > I gather you are just trying to prove to someone that Java can be
    > used?

    in a way. However, it could give some indication of Java's maturity.

    > "Tools" covers a pretty broad territory. I listed some I've written a
    > day or so ago in comp.lang.java.advocacy where some twit was claiming
    > there were no end-user Java apps.

    I found them, thanks!

    Marc
    Marc Dzaebel, May 10, 2004