    Anybody know what this could mean?

    cheers

    Rob
    Rob Shepherd, May 17, 2004

  2. Rob Shepherd

    Angus Guest

    Rob Shepherd wrote:

    > I'm trying to run an application through the java profiler
    >
    > java -Xrunhprof:cpu=samples TestClassA 10
    >
    > The code works fine when not profiled
    >
    > Profiler spits out
    >
    > HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
    > Dumping CPU usage by sampling running threads ... done.
    >
    > google gives me no clues...
    >
    > Anybody know what this could mean?

    No I don't know what that means, but I get it too and it looks
    like it doesn't affect the output of the profiler. Give it a
    try.

    Good Luck,
    Avi.
    Angus, May 17, 2004

  3. Rob Shepherd

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:10:57 +0100, Rob Shepherd
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
    >Dumping CPU usage by sampling running threads ... done.

    I wonder if HPROF uses the hash key of a class as an id. You can get
    collisions every once in a while.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, May 17, 2004