Java Profiler

Rob Shepherd

I'm trying to run an application through the java profiler

java -Xrunhprof:cpu=samples TestClassA 10

The code works fine when not profiled

Profiler spits out

HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
Dumping CPU usage by sampling running threads ... done.

google gives me no clues...

Anybody know what this could mean?

cheers

Rob

Angus

Rob said:
I'm trying to run an application through the java profiler

java -Xrunhprof:cpu=samples TestClassA 10

The code works fine when not profiled

Profiler spits out

HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
Dumping CPU usage by sampling running threads ... done.

google gives me no clues...

Anybody know what this could mean?

No I don't know what that means, but I get it too and it looks
like it doesn't affect the output of the profiler. Give it a
try.

Good Luck,
Avi.

Roedy Green

HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
Dumping CPU usage by sampling running threads ... done.

I wonder if HPROF uses the hash key of a class as an id. You can get
collisions every once in a while.