    Anybody can guide me?

    Thanks in advance,
    Endhe
    Endhe Elias, Dec 26, 2013

  2. On 12/26/2013 05:07 PM, Endhe Elias wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > My name is Endhe and I am Msc student in Computer Science.
    > Well, I’m looking for profilers to compose my framework. Using this framework, the developers should be able to evaluate a couple of persistence APIs.
    >
    > I'm looking for a profiler with these features:
    >
    > • Get CPU and memory measures (time, consumption);
    > • I want to get performance metrics of a single method, not a system, just a method.
    > • Be an API.
    >
    > Anybody can guide me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Endhe

    Hi, Endhe, implementations of persistence APIs (JDBC, JPA, JDO, things
    like MyBatis etc) _are_ frameworks. I'm not sure why you want to build a
    meta-framework just to evaluate the Java persistence implementations.

    Not to pour water on your campfire, but there is very little value to
    what you are seeking to do. If you write something really learned on
    Java persistence APIs and/or implementations, most people will ignore
    it...or more likely, the people who have already written a few of them
    have some decent clues.

    Back in my day MSc work involved some original research. Unless I'm
    missing something I see little original here.

    AHS
    --
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign:
    that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
    Arved Sandstrom, Dec 27, 2013

  3. Endhe Elias

    Endhe Elias Guest

    Hello Arved,

    It's just a part of my research, it isn't the whole MSc work.

    I want to build a framework for a very specific persistence APIs. The ontology-based persistence APIs at object-level. There's no framework to evaluate these APIs.

    Do you know any profilers which I can you use?

    Regards,
    Endhe

    Endhe Elias, Dec 27, 2013
  4. On 12/27/2013 10:15 AM, Endhe Elias wrote:
    > Hello Arved,
    >
    > It's just a part of my research, it isn't the whole MSc work.
    >
    > I want to build a framework for a very specific persistence APIs. The ontology-based persistence APIs at object-level. There's no framework to evaluate these APIs.
    >
    > Do you know any profilers which I can you use?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Endhe

    [ SNIP ]

    Glad you took no offense, Endhe. None meant. I simply didn't see the
    value in what you originally described. I suspect in any case that you'd
    make a more cogent argument in your native language. :)

    I may not be a computer scientist, but I've got some experience: what
    exactly do you mean by "ontology-based persistence APIs at
    object-level"? I suspect that any decent persistence API writer has
    always understood the semantics of persistence: if there is a
    non-ontology-based persistence API I myself would prefer not to use it.
    "Object-level"? Fair enough, you're interested in ORMs.

    As for profilers, tell me why the readily discoverable advice in this
    article (http://www.infoq.com/articles/java-profiling-with-open-source)
    is not adequate?

    AHS
    Arved Sandstrom, Dec 27, 2013
  5. Endhe Elias

    Endhe Elias Guest

    Hi Arved,

    I’m not offended =)

    It’s quite hard to explain in any language, but let me try.

    During the development of an ontology-based application, the manipulation of instances in database is one of the major steps in the process of development. There are currently two main approaches used by the semantic persistence tools: RDF triples and object-oriented development. RDF triples are like SQL Statement and object-oriented is API like Hibernate.

    So, I’d like to evaluate the object-oriented persistence APIs for semantic-based application.

    However, the profilers whom I found are command line-based or other systems(e.g. Netbeans Profiler) and I have to find a profiler which I can use as API.

    I’ll read the article.

    If you have any questions, please, let me know.

    Thank you very much for your tips.

    Endhe Elias, Dec 28, 2013
  6. Endhe Elias

    JLP Guest