JAVA Programmer vs Developer Exam

The LoxFather

JAVA Programmer vs Developer Exam:

Which one should I prepare for? Is one exam more difficult than the other?

How is the job outlook for both positions?

Roedy Green

JAVA Programmer vs Developer Exam:

Which one should I prepare for? Is one exam more difficult than the other?

How is the job outlook for both positions?

You have to be a programmer before you can be a developer.
Programmers understand the Java language. Developers understand how
to solve real world problems combining the necessary tools.

dave

Snip of spam from someone who doesn'i want any
simon wrote:
You sent this to rec.woodworking because why?

Nighthawk

This post doesn't belong in the photo group, please edit your groups
accordingly.

Nighthawk

Sorry guys, someone linked this to the 35mm photography groups (and
rec.woodworking hi there), please correct you're postings, thanks.

simon

Sun certification has 4 tracks:
1. Programmer
2. Developer
3. Web Component
4. Architect

Number 1 is prerequisite to number 2 and 3. Number 1 is one exam... all
multiple "guesses". Number 2 is two exams... coding assignment and essay
exam. Number 3 is one exam with multiple guesses again. Number 4 has no
prerequisite (maybe because it is sooooo hard), has three parts.... multiple
choices, coding assignment, and essay exam.

Therefore, almost everybody has to start with the Programmer certification
first. Hope this helps.

simon.