Java Programmers with 4 to 8 years wanted for a MNC - Indian Candidate only apply

pallavi

Hi All,

We are looking for java professionals with 4 to 8 years of experience
for our MNC Clients at Pune and Bangalore.The Job Profiles are as
follows:

1.Java Application Developer
Requirements:

At least 5 years strong development experience with OO languages,
specifically on complex enterprise systems using Java J2EE
Broad understanding of the Java API, including but not limited to JMS,
EJB, JSP, Servlets
Strong knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
Agile Methodology knowledge, such as Extreme Programming (XP) is
desirable
Leadership experience in assessing staff skill levels, assigning work
appropriately, directing team in specific project activities,
estimation, and facilitating career development
Experience with relational databases is a plus
Delivery experience with C#, ADO.NET or ASP.NET is a huge plus

2. Java Developers
Required Skills

Exp level should be 5+ years..
Very good concepts and understanding on OOPS,Java(mainly Core
Java).
Exposure to JSP, Servlets.
Exposure to writing SQLs for Oracle Database.
Exposure to writing XML Parsers, PDF Writer, etc.
Exposure to development on Java on Unix/Linux.

Recommended Skills
Understanding on Network Security Domain
Understanding on Regular Expressions.
Good communication skills
Exposure to Quality Processes

3.Java Developers(3 to 6 years)
Requirement:

Must Have: Unix,Java,JSP,Servlets,Javascript,HTML,Oracle, PL/SQL
Mandatory Skill: Filemaker Pro (atleast in 1 project at anytime)
Qual: BE/BTech/M.Sc/MCA

If your profile matches with any of the above requirement pls mail me
your CV ASAP to (e-mail address removed) as the requirement is urgent.

pls note :ONLY INDIAN CANDIDATE APPLY

Thanks and Regards,
Pallavi

kjc

pallavi said:
[...]

Is "ONLY INDIAN CANDIDATE APPLY" mean ONLY people that are of the Indian
race
If so, you have just single handedly cut off any further hiring of Indians
at my company here in the US.

steve

Is "ONLY INDIAN CANDIDATE APPLY" mean ONLY people that are of the Indian
race
If so, you have just single handedly cut off any further hiring of Indians
at my company here in the US.

not to mention , it is also illegal to discriminate on a candidate based on
sex or race.

Mike Schilling

steve said:
not to mention , it is also illegal to discriminate on a candidate based
on
sex or race.

Is that true in India (where the jobs are)? Real question, not rhetorical.

Anyway, given that there is no such thing as "the Indian race", India being
about as multi-cultural, multi-racial, and multi-religious a society as
there is on earth, and given that the jobs are in India, I presume it means
"We won't move you and we won't deal with any immigration issues."

kjc

Mike said:
Is that true in India (where the jobs are)? Real question, not rhetorical.

Anyway, given that there is no such thing as "the Indian race", India being
about as multi-cultural, multi-racial, and multi-religious a society as
there is on earth, and given that the jobs are in India, I presume it means
"We won't move you and we won't deal with any immigration issues."
Bullshit.
I was born and raised in Italy.
Now living in NYC.

What if I posted a help wanted ad that read,
"Java developer wanted, Italian candidate only".

If the position was for the US, or Italy,no matter how you slice it.
It's discrimination.

And, addressing your pressumption of "We won't move you and we won't
deal with any immigration issues."

ALso, BS. You can't project your thoughts into someone else.
Let the OP get on here and clarify it.

If the OP had worded the post "ONLY developers local to area XYZ"
then, we would not be having this discussion in which you're attempting
to make assumptions for the OP.

Mike Schilling

kjc said:
Bullshit.
I was born and raised in Italy.
Now living in NYC.

What if I posted a help wanted ad that read,
"Java developer wanted, Italian candidate only".

If the position was for the US, or Italy,no matter how you slice it. It's
discrimination.

And, addressing your pressumption of "We won't move you and we won't deal
with any immigration issues."

ALso, BS. You can't project your thoughts into someone else.
Let the OP get on here and clarify it.

If the OP had worded the post "ONLY developers local to area XYZ"
then, we would not be having this discussion in which you're attempting to
make assumptions for the OP.

My thoughts, at least, don't include idiot notions like "The Indian Race".

Thomas Weidenfeller

kjc said:
Let the OP get on here and clarify it.

The OP won't answer, because the OP is a spammer who doesn't care about
the group at all. He just thinks he got a cheap way to advertise,
without having the slightest clue where he is advertising.

His "Indian Candidate only" is of course discrimination. It might be
legal in his country (like it is legal in mine to discriminate about
age). But even if it is illegal in his country, do you think a spammer
would care?

/Thomas

sachin

hi pallavi
i am an indian. and i am in Uk these days.Can you please tell me the
job profile and company description as i just wanna to come from UK

HalcyonWild

pallavi said:
[...]

After reading the responses, I must add
1. Pallavi is a common Indian female name.
2. Probably, there is no discrimination involved here, the gal meant
local candidates currently living in India, then where they originally
come from doesnt matter. The job location is for India.
Yes, it sounds racist, and OP did not have any idea of the effect.
3. Probably the OP did not know that this is a newsgroup for
technology, not job postings. There are dumb people like the OP out
there who would not bother to read the instructions. And there are
people out there who would post their resumes on the newsgroup instead
of replying to OP. We need to ignore them rather than replying to them.
Spammers do not bother.