    Hi

    Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?
    , Jan 24, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?

    Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.

    Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
    speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
    speculation.

    Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
    cause.

    --
    LTP

    :)
    Luc The Perverse, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:07:49 -0000, Luc The Perverse
    <> wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?
    >>

    > Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.
    >
    > Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
    > speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
    > speculation.
    >
    > Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
    > cause.

    I'm replying to the wrong post, but anyway...

    IBM's Hursley research lab is reasonably local to Lymington (27.4 miles
    according to the AA). I bet they have lots of Java programmers there. I
    also know of Java developers working in Eastleigh, which is slightly
    closer. There might be one or two in Bournemouth, and who knows, maybe
    there's even a Java programmer on the Isle of Wight?

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.dandyer.co.uk
    Daniel Dyer, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jug.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jan 25, 2006
  5. Tony Morris Guest

    Tony Morris, Jan 25, 2006
  6. Oliver Wong Guest

    "Daniel Dyer" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:07:49 -0000, Luc The Perverse
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area?
    >>>

    >> Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation.
    >>
    >> Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd
    >> speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on
    >> speculation.
    >>
    >> Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible
    >> cause.

    > I'm replying to the wrong post, but anyway...
    >
    > IBM's Hursley research lab is reasonably local to Lymington (27.4 miles
    > according to the AA). I bet they have lots of Java programmers there. I
    > also know of Java developers working in Eastleigh, which is slightly
    > closer. There might be one or two in Bournemouth, and who knows, maybe
    > there's even a Java programmer on the Isle of Wight?

    Ash Associates is in Christchurch, Dorset, 12.1 miles from Lymington.
    They apparently "specialize in Java J2EE", so presumably they would have
    some Java programmers.

    Alternatively, the OP could travel to Lymington, Hampshire, and then
    teach Java to someone there, and thus ensure the existence of at least one
    Java programmer in the desired location. Would that be an example of
    creating a new instance, or casting?

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jan 27, 2006