    Its new and hasnt been launched properly..

    ~ANDY~
    p.s. the site is run by JAVA students, so can easily help
    Andrew Murray, May 13, 2004

  2. Andrew Murray

    Chris Smith Guest

    Andrew Murray wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > try this forum site for programmers
    >
    > http://www.confusedgeeks.com
    >
    > Its new and hasnt been launched properly..

    Or, of course, you could ask here. Frankly, I get a little offended
    when this newsgroup is so helpful, and then somebody decides to come in
    and ignore that to promote their own website.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, May 13, 2004

  3. Chris Smith <> scribbled the following:
    > Andrew Murray wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> try this forum site for programmers
    >>
    >> http://www.confusedgeeks.com
    >>
    >> Its new and hasnt been launched properly..

    > Or, of course, you could ask here. Frankly, I get a little offended
    > when this newsgroup is so helpful, and then somebody decides to come in
    > and ignore that to promote their own website.

    Agreed. I get offended when people say "Use this forum" but don't
    explain why we should use it instead of this one. What's it got that
    CLJP hasn't?

    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they
    start making vacuum cleaners."
    - Ernst Jan Plugge
    Joona I Palaste, May 14, 2004
  4. Yeah fair point, i guess i can see how it could offend, so i appologise.

    I guess there isn't much difference to CLJP, as confusedgeeks.com is a
    website it will give access to any one on the internet without the need for
    newsreaders.

    ConfusedGeeks.com also has polls etc, and the ability to see whos online and
    what they are doing. CLJP has its strengths though, i just hoped my site
    could provide an alternative.

    ~ANDY~

    Andrew Murray, May 14, 2004
  5. On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:33:58 +0100, Andrew Murray wrote:

    > I guess there isn't much difference to CLJP, as confusedgeeks.com is a
    > website it will give access to any one on the internet

    'Any' what, on the internet?

    Usenet forums? Seems not..
    <http://confusedgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2>

    >..without the need for
    > newsreaders.

    There is always a place for a site
    that enables posting to forums via
    browser, like, for instance..
    <http://google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.java>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 14, 2004
  6. On Fri, 14 May 2004 09:44:30 GMT, Andrew Thompson wrote:

    > <http://google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.java>

    ...or rather
    <http://google.com/groups?group=comp.lang.java.*>

    [ not to encourage posting to a defunct group
    with only (about) 83,800 posts.. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 14, 2004