JAVA - pthreads - HP-UX 11.0

john

Hi,

I've heard that the lack of performance of JAVA on HP-UX 11.0 is due to bad
implementation of pthreads. It should be solved in HP-UX 11.11.

Can anyone tell me if this is true ?

thanks,

John.

Grant Wagner

john said:
Hi,

I've heard that the lack of performance of JAVA on HP-UX 11.0 is due to bad
implementation of pthreads. It should be solved in HP-UX 11.11.

Can anyone tell me if this is true ?

thanks,

John.

HP probably can:

<url:
http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/java2/sdkrte1_3/downloads/index_pa-risc.html
/>

"*** IMPORTANT NOTE! ***
SDK Versions 1.3.1.11 and later for PA-RISC require the pthreads patch
PHCO_29959 for HP-UX 11.0 or patch PHCO_29960 for HP-UX 11.11."

Presumably that's the patch to fix the problem.

<url: http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/java/patches/g-11.00-1.3-1100.0000.html
/> bottom of the page. Nope, talks about hangs, not poor performance.

Maybe you should consider checking with your HP rep. What a concept, check with
the vendor for a vendor specific issue.