java RESTful web service

Arne Vajhøj

Wouter said:
What do you prefer to use for the database?
Object Database (db4o) or xml Database or jdbc (mysql)?

I would go for a regular relational database.

Like MySQL.

But there are also other.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Wouter said:
How can i make a login webservice with mysql?

A login web service is like any other web service call.

But login is not RESTful.

You should check in each call.

The web service check in MySQL just like any other Java code.

Arne

Wouter

A login web service is like any other web service call.

But login is not RESTful.

You should check in each call.

The web service check in MySQL just like any other Java code.

Arne

So I can make a seperate web service for my login and logout and have
a restful webservice for the other stuff?
I can save the username from the login and use this in my restful web
service?

Thx,

Wouter

Tom Anderson

A login web service is like any other web service call.

But login is not RESTful.

HTTP and SSL authentication are perfectly compatible with rest. They're
orthogonal to it.
You should check in each call.

That's exactly how HTTP or SSL authentication works.

tom

Arne Vajhøj

Wouter said:
So I can make a seperate web service for my login and logout and have
a restful webservice for the other stuff?

No.

Every RESTFUL web service call should check credentials without
there being any session login.
I can save the username from the login and use this in my restful web
service?

No.

You send username/password with every call. No special login only call.

Arne