java runtime.exec, is this possible?

BigCohunes

I would like my java app to launch an external program. The external
program is the Windows Command Processor (cmd.exe).

I would like my java app to launch it as it's own separate process. So
I would like a new window to appear, with the prompt showing. I can't
figure out how to have my app launch the cmd window such that i can
physically see it. (i do see it in my process manager, but no gui for
it?)

I can't seem to figure this out. Is it possible to have my java app
launch the cmd.exe, then have the java app exit, but leave me with the
new window that came up when my app launched cmd.exe.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Knute Johnson

I would like my java app to launch an external program. The external
program is the Windows Command Processor (cmd.exe).

I would like my java app to launch it as it's own separate process. So
I would like a new window to appear, with the prompt showing. I can't
figure out how to have my app launch the cmd window such that i can
physically see it. (i do see it in my process manager, but no gui for
it?)

I can't seem to figure this out. Is it possible to have my java app
launch the cmd.exe, then have the java app exit, but leave me with the
new window that came up when my app launched cmd.exe.

Any idea's?

Thanks

START