java-script for DreamWeaver MX RollOver buttons and FireFox

Leythos

I've got several sites that I used DreamWeaver MX to add RollOver buttons
to the pages, it also adds some javascript that pre-loads the images and
does the mouse_over and such.

In FireFox 1.0.1 when I load the page and it pre-loads the images the
status bar shows DONE. When I mouse over any item, it changes the image
properly, but the status (lower left of browser) shows "Read
www.somesite.com", it may also show "Waiting for www.somesite.com".

I don't see this issue in IE 6 or Konqueror, but I do see it in both the
Win and Linux versions of FireFox - not to mention the font differences,
even with CSS in the Linux version that don't show as a problem in the
Win/IE versions.

The pages work fine, passed the W3C Validation testing online, and all th
roll-overs work.

Any idea what causes the READ/Waiting status?

Mr.Clean

I've got several sites that I used DreamWeaver MX to add RollOver buttons
to the pages, it also adds some javascript that pre-loads the images and
does the mouse_over and such.

In FireFox 1.0.1 when I load the page and it pre-loads the images the
status bar shows DONE. When I mouse over any item, it changes the image
properly, but the status (lower left of browser) shows "Read
www.somesite.com", it may also show "Waiting for www.somesite.com".

I don't see this issue in IE 6 or Konqueror, but I do see it in both the
Win and Linux versions of FireFox - not to mention the font differences,
even with CSS in the Linux version that don't show as a problem in the
Win/IE versions.

The pages work fine, passed the W3C Validation testing online, and all th
roll-overs work.

Any idea what causes the READ/Waiting status?

Were you not successful in making the CSS rollovers work?

Leythos

Were you not successful in making the CSS rollovers work?

Actually, CSS rollovers seem like a good alternative, but they are no the
same. The only way to make them work like JS rollovers is to be able to
use transparent text, and that means you can't used smoothed fonts as they
show pixelated artifacts when you make them transparent. I did a couple
tests, they were fast and simple, but if you make a button in PhotoShop,
and you use Comic-Sans, and you do smoothing of the font, it's just not
going to work - the shaded colors used to make the font smooth just don't
blend with the background color that changes.

What would be nice is to use that CSS rollover where possible and to
design around that method where possible, but to understand the
complication of js rollovers as I first described. As it stands, it would
not just be a rollover, it could be impacting other JS code.

Mr.Clean

What would be nice is to use that CSS rollover where possible and to
design around that method where possible, but to understand the
complication of js rollovers as I first described. As it stands, it would
not just be a rollover, it could be impacting other JS code.

Well, there are tons of rollover scripts out there that are NOT
the DW scripts. I abhor the DW scripts and have personally replaced
them every time I ran into them.
Search the javascript section on http://www.hotscripts.com for more
rollover scripts, most of them are free.

Leythos

Well, there are tons of rollover scripts out there that are NOT
the DW scripts. I abhor the DW scripts and have personally replaced
them every time I ran into them.
Search the javascript section on http://www.hotscripts.com for more
rollover scripts, most of them are free.

Thanks, I will look there. I had not really thought about DW, it's the
latest version and seems to do all the other functions well. I will start
looking for non-dw scripts.