Java script java class

prashan.buddhika

Hello,

I need to access java class in a jar file using a javascript. Is there
any way to do this other than using a java applet ? Please help ..

Prashan

Erwin Moller

(e-mail address removed) schreef:
Hello,

I need to access java class in a jar file using a javascript. Is there
any way to do this other than using a java applet ? Please help ..

Prashan

You didn't specify where this class in the JAR is.

The problem is simple: JavaScript is executed in the browser.
Java is not, unless you make an applet.
If you do that, you can let them communicate.
The easiest way to let JavaScript and Java communicate IN THE BROWSER is
using this:
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/docs/jsobject.html

If you need to use a class that is on the server, you cannot access it
directly, but maybe this helps: You could create an Ajaxoid-call to a
JSP page (or PHP, or whatever suits your needs AND can access java) that
calls the appropriate function in the JAR for you on the server.

If you need more help, be more clear on what you try to achieve.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

I need to access java class in a jar file using a javascript. Is there
any way to do this

STFW for "LiveConnect OR XPConnect". "Java JavaScript" would also do.
other than using a java applet ?

Obviously, you cannot use a *Java* applet to access a Java class with
*JavaScript* (or any other ECMAScript implementation).

PointedEars