Java security api - DCE 128bit encryption with .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by RonF, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. RonF

    RonF Guest

    iI have a web app that currently gets the userID from a 509 client cert.
    Works great.

    A new client wants to interface our web app in a WebSphere Portal with a
    single signon for their clients so they want to call our default page via a
    post and pass the userID in an encrypted query string. Their encryption will
    use a Java security api - DCE 128bit encryption.

    Using ASP.NET is there a way to either call the Java API, or use an API that
    is compatible with ASP.NET so that I can successfully decrypt their supplied
    string? Assuming of course that we have access or know any required keys ...
    our client wants to interface with our web app so the use of any of their
    keys to make this happen is reasonable.

    I have searched the net with the words in the subject and have not been able
    to find much in the way of details of the Java API or the compatibility of
    the Java and .net encryption .NET classes/APIs.

    Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks ...

    Ron

    RonF, Jul 21, 2005

  2. RonF

    Guest

    This isn't exactly what your asking for, but J-Integra Espresso would
    allow ASP.NET clients to access a WebSphere Portal via SSL/TLS over
    IIOP. Not sure if this meets your requirements or not, but it's another
    route of you don't have any luck finding an answer to the above.

    Shane Sauer
    J-Integra Interoperability Solutions
    http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
    When Web Services are not enough