Java Servlet / JSP Example

saifnobel

I have a servlet JSP example compiled and running on my home PC. When
I open the following link in a web browser on my PC,

http://localhost:8084/servlets-examples/index.html

I can view this page. How can I view this same page remotely? That is,
how do I configure my PC and this servlet example for it to be
viewable on the Internet from anywhere?

Cheers,

Saif

Lew

I have a servlet JSP example compiled and running on my home PC. When
I open the following link in a web browser on my PC,

http://localhost:8084/servlets-examples/index.html

I can view this page. How can I view this same page remotely? That is,
how do I configure my PC and this servlet example for it to be
viewable on the Internet from anywhere?

Assuming that you do not violate your ISP's Terms of Service (TOS), there
isn't usually anything special. Naturally you cannot refer to it as
"localhost" from a remote location; your client will have to use the publicly
accessible address.

Naturally your firewalls and routers will have to let the request in, but that
has nothing to do with your app server or servlet.

Matt Humphrey

Lew said:
Assuming that you do not violate your ISP's Terms of Service (TOS), there
isn't usually anything special. Naturally you cannot refer to it as
"localhost" from a remote location; your client will have to use the
publicly accessible address.

Naturally your firewalls and routers will have to let the request in, but
that has nothing to do with your app server or servlet.

Check out no-ip.org. They allow you to map your publically accessible IP to
a domain name. If you have a dynamic IP (which you probably do) this will
keep DNS updated with the current value. It works this out automatically by
reflecting off their website. You will still have to configure your
firewall and routers to forward the connection to your local machine, if you
have such intermediaries.

Matt Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/