java slows down suddenly?

Elhanan

hi..

for some reason the java in our aix suddeny slowed down, meaning only
application using it (like tomcat 4.18) were extremly slow. (tomcat was
listening on port 18080)

tomcat was laucnehd by the a wrapper who reported messages like pingin
jvm and not getting a response.

another tomcat listening 8080 on the same machine, did do well, but
it's the application servlet took forever to start.

the cpu and memroy of the machine are all free, so no worries there..

any ideas on what to search for?

Jade Yuan

If you felt your application responsed very slow , you can send singnal 3 to
the jvm process to get the thread dump of current running threads. You can
make a request and at the same time, kill -3 jvm_pid. You will get the
result output on standard output or nohup file if you started your tomcat
with nohup command.

If you get the thread dump, we can do some further researching.