    //Send the message
    SOAPMessage response = connection.call(message, conn );

    -Robert

    Robert M. Gary, Oct 21, 2005

  2. BTW: I'm already setting...
    System.getProperties().put("proxySet", "true");
    System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", "http://foo.com");
    System.getProperties().put("proxyPort", 8088);
    System.getProperties().put("socksProxyHost",
    "http://foo.com");
    System.getProperties().put("http.proxyHost",
    "http://http://foo.com");
    System.getProperties().put("http.proxyPort", 8088);

    System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
    System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "http://foo.com");
    //System.setProperty( "http.proxyPort", "8088");
    System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "joe");
    System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "trust");

    System.setProperty("http.proxySet", "true");

    Robert M. Gary, Oct 22, 2005

  3. Robert M. Gary

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Oct 2005 15:07:16 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >The SOAPConnction object only allows a URL to be given (not a
    >URLConnection that supports proxys).

    how did you learn that? I was under the impression that SOAP
    piggybacked on HTTP and as such would not be meddling in such affairs.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 22, 2005
  4. Robert M. Gary

    Rogan Dawes Guest

    Robert M. Gary wrote:
    > BTW: I'm already setting...
    > System.getProperties().put("proxySet", "true");
    > System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", "http://foo.com");
    > System.getProperties().put("proxyPort", 8088);
    > System.getProperties().put("socksProxyHost",
    > "http://foo.com");
    > System.getProperties().put("http.proxyHost",
    > "http://http://foo.com");
    > System.getProperties().put("http.proxyPort", 8088);
    >
    > System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "http://foo.com");
    > //System.setProperty( "http.proxyPort", "8088");
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "joe");
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "trust");
    >
    > System.setProperty("http.proxySet", "true");
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "http://foo.com");
    > //System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", 8088);
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "joe");
    > System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "trust");

    And therein lies your problems:

    Does "http://foo.com" look like a hostname?

    Rogan

    Rogan Dawes, Oct 24, 2005
  5. I made it up because I didn't want you to know the name of my actual
    proxy host. Should I also publish my user and password? Would that be
    helpful?

    -Robert

    Robert M. Gary, Oct 27, 2005
  6. "Robert M. Gary" <> wrote in message
    >I made it up because I didn't want you to know the name of my actual
    > proxy host. Should I also publish my user and password? Would that be
    > helpful?

    Being a smart ass is an excellent way to get experts to assist you.

    Bravo!

    Perhaps a more appropriate reaction would have been the realization that you
    need to explain if you are going to change the code before asking others to
    review it.

    --
    LTP

    :)

    Luc The Perverse, Oct 28, 2005
  7. Robert M. Gary

    Rogan Dawes Guest

    And Robert M. Gary wrote:
    > I made it up because I didn't want you to know the name of my actual
    > proxy host. Should I also publish my user and password? Would that be
    > helpful?
    >
    > -Robert

    My point was, you entered an URL, not a hostname. I don't care what the
    name of your host was, just that what you entered could not possibly be one.

    To spell it out to you in words of one syllable (oops - 3 right there!),
    you should have done:

    System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", "foo.com");

    Rogan

    Rogan Dawes, Oct 28, 2005
  8. Robert M. Gary

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:46:42 -0600, "Luc The Perverse"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly
    quoted someone who said :

    >hould I also publish my user and password? Would that be
    >> helpful?

    Possibly, but you would set up a dummy account with just enough power
    to let others help you.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 31, 2005