Licence Manager
http://sourceforge.net/projects/licensemanager,

JavaLicenseKit
http://members.chello.at/stefan-schneider/JavaLicenseKit.html,

JLicense tool
http://www.websina.com/products/jlicense.html

TrueLicense Library Collection (TLC)
https://truelicense.dev.java.net/

Has anyone tried out any of these tools, or have some other (free or
not too expensive)
to recomend?

I am looking for something simple to integrate into a Java product,
but with some features like expiration dates, posibilites to limit the
license
to a user or mashine.

Thanks in advance!
Tava.

newmoon.n

Hello all,

I found some Java licensing tools:

Licence Managerhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/licensemanager,

JavaLicenseKithttp://members.chello.at/stefan-schneider/JavaLicenseKit.html,

JLicense toolhttp://www.websina.com/products/jlicense.html

TrueLicense Library Collection (TLC)https://truelicense.dev.java.net/

Has anyone tried out any of these tools, or have some other (free or
not too expensive)
to recomend?

I am looking for something simple to integrate into a Java product,
but with some features like expiration dates, posibilites to limit the
license
to a user or mashine.

Thanks in advance!
Tava.

Hi,

I haven't tried these tools. But my evaluation wasn't very positive
about these tools, except for the last TrueLicense Library Collection.
I liked it and I am tempted to enhance it with the new
java.net.NetworkInterfaces class in JDK 1.6 which contains a method to
get the MAC address of a computer. So using MultiCast sockets, New IO
and NetworkInterfaces class it is possible to have a reasonable
license management.

newmoon.n

bbound

[snip]

Why do you want to go to extra, specific effort to make your software
less valuable for your customers? Harder to install, buggier, and so
forth?

This is not the best way to ensure a revenue stream. Not by a long
shot.

Please don't cripple your software out of a misguided belief that it
is somehow "necessary" in order to base a profitable business on
software.

tava

I haven't tried these tools. But my evaluation wasn't very positive
about these tools, except for the last TrueLicense Library Collection.
I liked it and I am tempted to enhance it with the new
java.net.NetworkInterfaces class in JDK 1.6 which contains a method to
get the MAC address of a computer. So using MultiCast sockets, New IO
and NetworkInterfaces class it is possible to have a reasonable
license management.

I actualy tried out TLC and it was not too complicated to
set it up (if you notice that it requieres 'commons-codec-1.3.jar').
It gives the possibility of using a wizard to install and evaluate
a license :)

Good luck if you decide to expand it!
Thanks for your comment!

Tava.