java sound + ALSA drivers: Control question

Teus

I am trying to get Java Sound to work with 3 sound cards that I have
installed on my system. I have gotten to the point where I can play a
sound file over each of the three sound cards, but somehow I am not
able to get any controls from the Java Mixer objects.

When I try getControls from the Line it returns an empty array. The
only Mixer I can use that has controls is the Java Sound engine, which
in turn uses the first sound card on my system.

Mainly, I want to be able to use my own Mixers (NOT the java sound
mixer) and be able to use Gain and Pan controls on those mixers.

BTW - I have ALSA installed and I have this gut feeling that tells me
the fact that my Mixer doesn't have any controls might be depending on
the fact that my ALSA config might not be 100% perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a list of all Mixers (getMixerInfo()):
- software mixer (java sound engine)
- SI7018 [plughw:0,0], version 1.0.6a
- SI7018 [plughw:0,1], version 1.0.6a
- Live [plughw:1,0], version 1.0.6a
- Live [plughw:1,1], version 1.0.6a
- Live [plughw:1,2], version 1.0.6a
- AudioPC [plughw:2,0], version 1.0.6a
- AudioPC [plughw:2,1], version 1.0.6a
- Linux, dev/dsp, multi threaded, version Unknown Version