    Thanks for any and all info.

    --
    garskof

    garskof, Feb 14, 2006

  2. garskof

    Chris Smith Guest

    garskof <> wrote:
    > I am intersted in building an applet that can both play and record
    > sound files. I would like this to work on the widest range of platforms
    > (MAC, Linux, WinXP, WinNT, etc) and browsers. What would be the best
    > file format for the sound files to accomplish this? Would it be MP3,
    > WAV, or what? I am looking to have this work without any added packages
    > over and above JDK 1.4.x.

    You want the JavaSound API. There's a list of common file types in the
    API docs for AudioFileFormat.Type. If I had to guess, I'd say AU format
    is safest, since applets are required to be able to play them anyway.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Feb 14, 2006

  3. garskof

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 14 Feb 2006 06:45:49 -0800, "garskof" <> wrote,

    >I am intersted in building an applet that can both play and record
    >sound files

    It will have to be a signed Applet.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 14, 2006
  4. garskof

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 14 Feb 2006 06:45:49 -0800, "garskof" <> wrote,

    >I am intersted in building an applet that can both play and record
    >sound files. I would like this to work on the widest range of platforms
    >(MAC, Linux, WinXP, WinNT, etc) and browsers. What would be the best
    >file format for the sound files to accomplish this? Would it be MP3,
    >WAV, or what? I am looking to have this work without any added packages
    >over and above JDK 1.4.x.
    >
    >Thanks for any and all info.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sound.html
    for your options