Java Source Code Call Graphs

timjowers

Hi,

I'm looking for a Java call listing tool. Not a profiler but on
extant source code.

I'm working on a large project and would like to find all "dead"
methods. Ideally, I'd like a tool to determine these methods but EJB
and WebService jumps are common so the tool might only provide
candidates.

A call graph tool would be great. Does any tool take existing Java
code and give UML Sequence Diagrams? These would be helpful but do not
really fulfill the need.

Does any tool create a database/list of callers for each method in
1000's of Java files? Specifically, the project compiles with ant but
quite alot of work is needed to get a compile under Eclipse (jboss/
axis ant tasks, bea weblogic ant tasks, manual file copy hacks, manual
patchup for rpc vs doc-literal issue with above bea task, and use of
jar's generated by various steps of the build files).

Thanks for any feedback,
TimJowers