Java source code to color HTML transformation.

RoboHobby

Hi,

We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://
www.RoboHobby.com).
And we are trying to publish some source code of Java ME part of the
project on the Web
(http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).

QUESTION:
Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
from source code of Java class to HTML page.
The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
formatting, color highlights, etc.

Is it possible?
As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
Are there any suggestions?
Any links to right tools?

..

Andrew Thompson

RoboHobby

Sourcerer does.

Hi, Andrew,

Thank you for the link.

But on your links I see just an applet.
I see color highlighted code in the applet window.

Is it possible to get HTML, using this tool?
Is this tool able to work in 'batch' mode for transformation of bulk
value of Java code?
Is it free tool?

Sincerely, Oleg

http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp - Java code
examples for robot builders.

..

Thomas Schodt

RoboHobby said:
Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
from source code of Java class to HTML page.
The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
formatting, color highlights, etc.

I use TWiki with the
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/SourceHighlightPlugin
which relies on http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/

Your code must already be correctly formatted.

RoboHobby

Hi,

I like Netbeans. It is my main tool (also I use Eclipse).
And I like the way how Netbeans does code highlighting in their IDE.
But I don't need code highlighting in the IDE.

I need 'Java Source to HTML' command-line conversion utility, (written
in Java),
which is able to convert bulk value of Java code from Java source code
to HTML.

Andrew Thompson

But on your links I see just an applet.
I see color highlighted code in the applet window.

Is it possible to get HTML, using this tool?

Sure, if you check 'Show Format Controls' and
Click the 'HTML Source' button.
Is this tool able to work in 'batch' mode for transformation of bulk
value of Java code?

Not at this point. OTOH, I thought you wanted
it for a web site? In that case, it might be
better to put up the source, and for the formatted
listing, direct the user to an applet like
Sourcerer.
Is it free tool?

Free for the downloading.

Knute Johnson

RoboHobby said:
Hi,

We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://
www.RoboHobby.com).
And we are trying to publish some source code of Java ME part of the
project on the Web
(http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).

QUESTION:
Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
from source code of Java class to HTML page.
The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
formatting, color highlights, etc.

Is it possible?
As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
Are there any suggestions?
Any links to right tools?

.

Take a look at java2html

http://www.java2html.com/

it's not super fancy but pretty nice.

John B. Matthews

I like Netbeans. It is my main tool (also I use Eclipse).
And I like the way how Netbeans does code highlighting in their IDE.
But I don't need code highlighting in the IDE.

Don't overlook NetBeans > File > Print to HTML...
I need 'Java Source to HTML' command-line conversion utility,
(written in Java), which is able to convert bulk value of Java code
from Java source code to HTML.

Arachnophila appears to use the jEdit 2.2.1 syntax highlighting package:

<http://vps.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/Documentation/README.txt>

Suhkjin Hur

Hi,

We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://www.RoboHobby.com).
And we are trying to publish some source code  of Java ME part of the
project on the Web
(http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).

QUESTION:
Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
from source code of Java class to HTML page.
The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
formatting, color highlights, etc.

Is it possible?
As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
Are there any suggestions?
Any links to right tools?

.

There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
using Vim.
It also supports many other programming languages.

Knute Johnson

Suhkjin said:
There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
using Vim.
It also supports many other programming languages.

What commands do you use to get pretty HTML?

Suhkjin Hur

What commands do you use to get pretty HTML?

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2008/

Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access- Hide quoted text -

In Version 7.1,

Syntax Menu -> Convert to HTML

Or try :help HTML

Roedy Green