Java source code to color HTML transformation.

Discussion in 'Java' started by RoboHobby, Dec 10, 2008.

  1. RoboHobby

    RoboHobby Guest

    Hi,

    We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://
    www.RoboHobby.com).
    And we are trying to publish some source code of Java ME part of the
    project on the Web
    (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).

    QUESTION:
    Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    formatting, color highlights, etc.

    Is it possible?
    As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
    Are there any suggestions?
    Any links to right tools?

    ..

    RoboHobby, Dec 10, 2008

  2. On Dec 10, 7:21 pm, RoboHobby <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://www.RoboHobby.com).
    > And we are trying to publish some source code  of Java ME part of the
    > project on the Web
    > (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).
    >
    > QUESTION:
    > Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > from source code of Java class to HTML page.

    Sourcerer does.
    <http://pscode.org/fmt/sbx.html?url=/test
    %2FAppStoreDemo.java&col=2&fnt=2&tab=2&ln=0>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 10, 2008

  3. RoboHobby

    RoboHobby Guest

    > Sourcerer does.
    >
    > >http://pscode.org/fmt/sbx.html?url=/test/AppStoreDemo.java&col=2&fn...

    > --
    > Andrew Thompson http://pscode.org/

    Hi, Andrew,

    Thank you for the link.

    But on your links I see just an applet.
    I see color highlighted code in the applet window.

    Is it possible to get HTML, using this tool?
    Is this tool able to work in 'batch' mode for transformation of bulk
    value of Java code?
    Is it free tool?

    Sincerely, Oleg

    http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp - Java code
    examples for robot builders.

    ..

    RoboHobby, Dec 10, 2008
  4. RoboHobby wrote:
    > Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    > The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    > methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    > formatting, color highlights, etc.

    I use TWiki with the
    http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/SourceHighlightPlugin
    which relies on http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/

    Your code must already be correctly formatted.

    Thomas Schodt, Dec 10, 2008
  5. In article <r_Q%k.33661$2>,
    Thomas Schodt <> wrote:

    > RoboHobby wrote:
    > > Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > > from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    > > The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    > > methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    > > formatting, color highlights, etc.

    > I use TWiki with the
    > http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/SourceHighlightPlugin
    > which relies on http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/
    >
    > Your code must already be correctly formatted.

    NetBeans <http://www.netbeans.org/> does a nice job and I see
    Arachnophilia <http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/> has a new
    version.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Dec 10, 2008
  6. RoboHobby

    RoboHobby Guest

    Hi,

    I like Netbeans. It is my main tool (also I use Eclipse).
    And I like the way how Netbeans does code highlighting in their IDE.
    But I don't need code highlighting in the IDE.

    I need 'Java Source to HTML' command-line conversion utility, (written
    in Java),
    which is able to convert bulk value of Java code from Java source code
    to HTML.

    -------

    RoboHobby, Dec 10, 2008
  7. On Dec 10, 8:26 pm, RoboHobby <> wrote:
    > > Sourcerer does.

    > But on your links I see just an applet.
    > I see color highlighted code in the applet window.
    >
    > Is it possible to get HTML, using this tool?

    Sure, if you check 'Show Format Controls' and
    Click the 'HTML Source' button.

    > Is this tool able to work in 'batch' mode for transformation of bulk
    > value of Java code?

    Not at this point. OTOH, I thought you wanted
    it for a web site? In that case, it might be
    better to put up the source, and for the formatted
    listing, direct the user to an applet like
    Sourcerer.

    > Is it free tool?

    Free for the downloading.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 10, 2008
  8. RoboHobby wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://
    > www.RoboHobby.com).
    > And we are trying to publish some source code of Java ME part of the
    > project on the Web
    > (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).
    >
    > QUESTION:
    > Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    > The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    > methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    > formatting, color highlights, etc.
    >
    > Is it possible?
    > As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
    > Are there any suggestions?
    > Any links to right tools?
    >
    > .

    Take a look at java2html

    http://www.java2html.com/

    it's not super fancy but pretty nice.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute2008/

    Knute Johnson, Dec 10, 2008
  9. In article
    <>,
    RoboHobby <> wrote:

    > On Dec 10, 7:53 pm, "John B. Matthews" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > NetBeans <http://www.netbeans.org/> does a nice job and I see
    > > Arachnophilia <http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/> has a new
    > > version.

    > I like Netbeans. It is my main tool (also I use Eclipse).
    > And I like the way how Netbeans does code highlighting in their IDE.
    > But I don't need code highlighting in the IDE.

    Don't overlook NetBeans > File > Print to HTML...

    > I need 'Java Source to HTML' command-line conversion utility,
    > (written in Java), which is able to convert bulk value of Java code
    > from Java source code to HTML.

    Arachnophila appears to use the jEdit 2.2.1 syntax highlighting package:

    <http://vps.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/Documentation/README.txt>

    John B. Matthews, Dec 11, 2008
  10. RoboHobby

    Suhkjin Hur Guest

    On Dec 10, 3:21 am, RoboHobby <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://www.RoboHobby.com).
    > And we are trying to publish some source code  of Java ME part of the
    > project on the Web
    > (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).
    >
    > QUESTION:
    > Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    > The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    > methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    > formatting, color highlights, etc.
    >
    > Is it possible?
    > As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
    > Are there any suggestions?
    > Any links to right tools?
    >
    > .

    There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
    using Vim.
    It also supports many other programming languages.

    Suhkjin Hur, Dec 13, 2008
  11. Suhkjin Hur wrote:
    > On Dec 10, 3:21 am, RoboHobby <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://www.RoboHobby.com).
    >> And we are trying to publish some source code of Java ME part of the
    >> project on the Web
    >> (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).
    >>
    >> QUESTION:
    >> Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    >> from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    >> The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    >> methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    >> formatting, color highlights, etc.
    >>
    >> Is it possible?
    >> As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
    >> Are there any suggestions?
    >> Any links to right tools?
    >>
    >> .

    > There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
    > using Vim.
    > It also supports many other programming languages.

    What commands do you use to get pretty HTML?

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute2008/

    Knute Johnson, Dec 13, 2008
  12. RoboHobby

    Suhkjin Hur Guest

    On Dec 13, 1:27 pm, Knute Johnson <>
    wrote:
    > Suhkjin Hur wrote:
    > > On Dec 10, 3:21 am, RoboHobby <> wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> We are working on hobby Java robotics project (http://www.RoboHobby.com).
    > >> And we are trying to publish some source code  of Java ME part of the
    > >> project on the Web
    > >> (http://www.RoboHobby.com/java_me_code_examples.jsp).

    > >> QUESTION:
    > >> Are there any free Java tools, which can do automatic transformation
    > >> from source code of Java class to HTML page.
    > >> The HTML page should present full Java code (not just names of the
    > >> methods and fields) to users in good-looking form with correct code
    > >> formatting, color highlights, etc.

    > >> Is it possible?
    > >> As I see standard JavaDoc doesn't provide such a service. XDoclet too.
    > >> Are there any suggestions?
    > >> Any links to right tools?

    > >> .

    > > There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
    > > using Vim.
    > > It also supports many other programming languages.

    > What commands do you use to get pretty HTML?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Knute Johnson
    > email s/nospam/knute2008/

    > Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access- Hide quoted text -

    In Version 7.1,

    Syntax Menu -> Convert to HTML

    Or try :help HTML

    Suhkjin Hur, Dec 13, 2008
  13. Suhkjin Hur wrote:
    > On Dec 13, 1:27 pm, Knute Johnson <>
    > wrote:
    >> Suhkjin Hur wrote:
    >>> There are already many suggestions, but yet another way to do it is
    >>> using Vim.
    >>> It also supports many other programming languages.

    >> What commands do you use to get pretty HTML?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Knute Johnson
    >> email s/nospam/knute2008/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access- Hide quoted text -

    > In Version 7.1,
    >
    > Syntax Menu -> Convert to HTML
    >
    > Or try :help HTML

    Thanks a bunch Suhkjin, I'll try it.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute2008/

    Knute Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
  14. RoboHobby

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 00:21:20 -0800 (PST), RoboHobby

    see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#JDISPLAY
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com