JAVA SPEECH RECOGNITION

Pak_indo

Gday Folks,

Im currently deciding whether or not to write off a project of mine....what
I have is a JAVA program which I would like users to interract with via
voice prompts for example Withdraw X, deposit Y. I have been looking at the
various ways of doing this and am not sure if this would be a viable
project. If anyone could help, I would like to know whats the best way to
accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
effort it would require.

Thank you all for your time

David Segall

Pak_indo said:
Gday Folks,

Im currently deciding whether or not to write off a project of mine....what
I have is a JAVA program which I would like users to interract with via
voice prompts for example Withdraw X, deposit Y. I have been looking at the
various ways of doing this and am not sure if this would be a viable
project. If anyone could help, I would like to know whats the best way to
accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
effort it would require.

Thank you all for your time
Sun, in collaboration with IBM, have come up with a Java Speech API.
You can download IBM's first cut of an implementation from
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/speech. I have no experience with
it and would be interested in your comments if you proceed.

Pak_indo

Thanks for the reply mate,
Ive been looking at that one I think that is the direction I will go, if I
can determine its viability ;-)

cheers mate