    accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
    effort it would require.

    Thank you all for your time

    Pak_indo, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Pak_indo

    David Segall Guest

    "Pak_indo" <> wrote:

    >Gday Folks,
    >
    >Im currently deciding whether or not to write off a project of mine....what
    >I have is a JAVA program which I would like users to interract with via
    >voice prompts for example Withdraw X, deposit Y. I have been looking at the
    >various ways of doing this and am not sure if this would be a viable
    >project. If anyone could help, I would like to know whats the best way to
    >accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
    >effort it would require.
    >
    >Thank you all for your time

    Sun, in collaboration with IBM, have come up with a Java Speech API.
    You can download IBM's first cut of an implementation from
    http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/speech. I have no experience with
    it and would be interested in your comments if you proceed.

    David Segall, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Pak_indo

    Pak_indo Guest

    Thanks for the reply mate,
    Ive been looking at that one I think that is the direction I will go, if I
    can determine its viability ;-)

    cheers mate

    Pak_indo, Sep 26, 2004