Java standalone vs. server-side development statistics

shot

Hi there,
I am looking for some statistics regarding the usage of Java platform.
I am especially interested in amount of developers involved in java
server-side (enterprise) development vs. amount of developers
programming standalone java applications. Have anybody seen the info in
the web covering that topic?

thank you

Andrew Thompson

shot wrote:
I am looking for some statistics regarding the usage of Java platform.
I am especially interested in amount of developers involved in java
server-side (enterprise) development vs. amount of developers
programming standalone java applications.

Sound like a topic I raised* over on c.l.j.advocacy.
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp...aec73bbaad7/4446d2788535db76#4446d2788535db76>

* Which attracted very little interest..
...Have anybody seen the info in
the web covering that topic?

As mentioned on that thread.. my (lie, damn lie and)
statistic is '95% server-side'.

Skills in 'Core J2EE with solid AWT/Swing GUI' are
not worth a damn these days.

Andrew T.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Andrew said:
As mentioned on that thread.. my (lie, damn lie and)
statistic is '95% server-side'.

Skills in 'Core J2EE with solid AWT/Swing GUI' are
not worth a damn these days.

Java has never really made it big time into desktop
apps while J2EE are doing OK in the server side
market.

We can discuss why it is so, but that is how it is.

Arne