Java, Struts, X11 Dependencies

Greg

Hello,

I'm having a problem with a Java server-side app using struts.

I get my app's login page (JSP) but when struts forwards me to
the next page (a "Hello World" JSP page), I get a whole mess of
X11 exceptions:

Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
15:38:03,146 ERROR [Engine] ApplicationDispatcher[/codatest]
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't connect to X11 window server
using 'localhost:10.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
[clip]

I've discovered I can work-around the probem by logging into
my server box with "ssh -X" which does something with the X11
sessions.

Why are there X11 dependency issues at all? My server (JBoss)
is running the JVM in -server mode, and I'm not aware of any
built-in dependencies in tomcat or struts. What's all this stuff
about DISPLAY variables in the exception message?

This trivial example actually does return my page content,
but a more complex page (the real page I want) fails to show
anything at all int the browser. In all cases I get reams of
these X11/display errors.

Any advice or explanation would be greatly appreciated as my
boss is getting a tad "eager" for an explanation!

Thanks
Greg

ps. Here's the JSP for the page that's causing the problems:

<head> <title><bean:message bundle="title"
key="jsp.mypage.title"/></title></head>
<h2>Made it!</h2>

winbatch

Not sure, but login to your server box and type
xhost +