    thanks in advance.

    Alan

    , Jun 9, 2006

  2. David Segall Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have built a project in the very good Java Studio Creator 2 (version
    >1), which I am new to, but I cant for the life of me get the jar to
    >work from the command prompt. I cannot find any options to do this
    >either and the jars manifest file is read only.
    >
    >To restate, all i want to do is run my jar from the command prompt!

    How on earth did you create a jar file from your project? As I
    understand it, JSC creates war files from a project and to run a war
    file you need a J2EE Application Sever
    <http://java.sun.com/j2ee/compatibility.html> like the Sun Java System
    Application server included with JSC or, at least, a Servlet/JSP
    container like Tomcat <http://tomcat.apache.org/>.

    JSC is intended for creating web based applications where the user has
    only a web browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer on her desk top
    and the application code is on a "remote" server. The remote server
    could exist on the same machine as the browser but if that is the way
    the application is always run then you want to write a desktop
    application. In that case you will need to rewrite it using NetBeans
    <http://www.netbeans.org>.

    David Segall, Jun 9, 2006

  3. David Segall Guest

    David Segall <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have built a project in the very good Java Studio Creator 2 (version
    >>1), which I am new to, but I cant for the life of me get the jar to
    >>work from the command prompt. I cannot find any options to do this
    >>either and the jars manifest file is read only.
    >>
    >>To restate, all i want to do is run my jar from the command prompt!

    >How on earth did you create a jar file from your project? As I
    >understand it, JSC creates war files from a project

    I'm wrong :( Creator does not have an editor for a desktop GUI but you
    can create a desktop application which will result in a jar file.
    Roedy Green has instructions for executing them here
    <http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html#EXECUTING>

    David Segall, Jun 11, 2006