JAVA STUDIO CREATOR - a real simple one about project distribution...

alan_conoco

Hi,

I have built a project in the very good Java Studio Creator 2 (version
1), which I am new to, but I cant for the life of me get the jar to
work from the command prompt. I cannot find any options to do this
either and the jars manifest file is read only.

To restate, all i want to do is run my jar from the command prompt!

Help please....

thanks in advance.

Alan

David Segall

Hi,

I have built a project in the very good Java Studio Creator 2 (version
1), which I am new to, but I cant for the life of me get the jar to
work from the command prompt. I cannot find any options to do this
either and the jars manifest file is read only.

To restate, all i want to do is run my jar from the command prompt!
How on earth did you create a jar file from your project? As I
understand it, JSC creates war files from a project and to run a war
file you need a J2EE Application Sever
<http://java.sun.com/j2ee/compatibility.html> like the Sun Java System
Application server included with JSC or, at least, a Servlet/JSP
container like Tomcat <http://tomcat.apache.org/>.

JSC is intended for creating web based applications where the user has
only a web browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer on her desk top
and the application code is on a "remote" server. The remote server
could exist on the same machine as the browser but if that is the way
the application is always run then you want to write a desktop
application. In that case you will need to rewrite it using NetBeans
<http://www.netbeans.org>.