Java SW Engineer to Architect Agile/XP Projects

Jerry Bires

Title: Java SW Engineer to Architect Agile/XP Projects
Job #: MIND-SWENG

Accolo, a community helping each other find jobs and people for jobs,
has been asked to help fill this job. To apply or refer someone you
know, please go to:
http://members.accolo.com/webapp/orion/public/ReferApplyJob.jsp?ID1=bsfgxy

For the leading Relationship Management/Social Networking solution,
fill a critical role on our Java development team as you create,
enhance and maintain a robust, flexible and re-usable architectural
framework. Drive the effort to add exciting community-based networking
components to our framework in SelectMinds' innovative development
environment. You'll gain career enhancing skills in Agile software
development and Extreme Programming techniques, including accelerated
release cycles, test driven development and pair programming.

SelectMinds uses its proprietary software to build and manage
private-label, hosted Alumni Relationship Management web platforms,
and can serve as a client's fully-outsourced alumni relations
department. SelectMinds works with global corporations and leading
professional service firms.

Former employees are the ultimate untapped resource. They move on to
become potential clients, potential rehires and sources of referrals
for their former employer. Building alumni relationships can lead to
new business development and firms with strong alumni relations have a
distinct competitive advantage.

This is an emerging industry that is experiencing explosive growth.
Now SelectMinds is adding a social networking component to its service
offering, further enhancing a leadership position.

As our New York City-based Java Software Engineer, among your first
assignments will be creating a framework for our exciting, new
community-based networking components.
Tapping into your breadth and depth in SQL, OR-mapping and
object-oriented design in Java, you'll create flexible components for
extensive data analysis.
Your strong Java programming skills will provide the foundation for
our web development team to add significant GUI functionality. Your
skills in JSP and client-side web technologies such as javascript will
enable our designers to create multi-level, variable look and feel web
products for dozens of blue chip companies. A bottom line measurement
of your success will be the quality of your code. Your ingenuity, both
in devising efficient, effective solutions to our framework, and also
in specific implementations of our application, will catalyze your
career prospects here. Join a tier-one technical team and put your
engineering stamp on a product that will touch millions of
individuals, including you.

Related keywords: Agile, Agile/XP, Extreme Programming, Java, software
developer, JSP, SQL, JSP tags, multiple threads, multi-threading,
object oriented, Solaris, prepared statements, accelerated release
cycles, test driven development, pair programming

Matt Parker

Murray said:

Don't you just hate agencies (or "pimps" as they're known amongst my
contemporaries)? They have absolutely no idea what they're talking about,
but they can throw in a few buzzword-compliant phrases.

Matt