    Anyone knows how to fix such problem? Or should I just update the user
    guide to ask user adjust performance settings?

    Thanks for your help!
    Jerry, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Jerry wrote:

    > I have developed a Java Swing GUI application.

    Did you use layouts?

    Was there a lot of use of 'setSize' in the code?

    >...Under Windows 2000,
    > everything including button, text box etc is fine. But under windows XP
    > default evironment, some text box will dissappear and some button will
    > be lowered to the side of the application. These scenario happened to
    > some text box or some buttons, not to all of them. Some text box are
    > still shown.

    > Anyone knows how to fix such problem?

    <tongue in cheek>
    Change line, 234. That '-' should be a '+'
    </tongue in cheek>

    Can you provide an SSCCE that demonstrates the problem?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 6, 2005

  3. On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:22:43 -0400, Jerry <> wrote:

    > When I change the XP performatnce setting under "control panel ->
    > System -> Advanced -> Performance" to "Adjust to best performance" and
    > this environment is similar to Win 2000. Then, those disappeared text
    > boxes appear and those buttons return above the side.
    >
    > Anyone knows how to fix such problem? Or should I just update the user
    > guide to ask user adjust performance settings?

    Is it the fact that your program is using getSystemLookAndFeelClassName?
    You could try to set the look and feel to
    "com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel", which is the
    Windows 2000 look.

    best,
    james
    James Cunningham, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Jerry

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 5 Oct 2005 15:22:43 -0700, "Jerry" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >When I change the XP performatnce setting under "control panel ->
    >System -> Advanced -> Performance" to "Adjust to best performance" and
    >this environment is similar to Win 2000. Then, those disappeared text
    >boxes appear and those buttons return above the side.

    Is this performance adjustment for the video driver? If so it implies
    you have a video driver bug. Check with the manufacturer for an
    update.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 7, 2005
  5. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Is com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel availble
    since JDK 1.5? I am compiling the code using JDK 1.4.2 and it failed to
    recognize com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel.
    Using JDK 1.5, seems O.K..

    Thanks,

    Haoming

    Jerry, Oct 10, 2005