java technologies

Discussion in 'Java' started by jim, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. jim

    jim Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. jim

    Lew Guest

    jim wrote:
    > http://corejava-technologies.ripped-off-verbatim.con

    You lousy plagiarist, "jim"! You are such a liar and a cheater!

    Folks, this unethical thief stole his shit from John O'Conner's blog at
    <http://blogs.sun.com/CoreJavaTechTips/entry/creating_zip_and_jar_files>

    Shame on you, "jim". You have no honor.

    Just what do you hope to accomplish with this crap?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Aug 23, 2007

  3. On Aug 23, 3:13 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > jim wrote:
    > >http://corejava-technologies.ripped-off-verbatim.con

    > You lousy plagiarist, "jim"! You are such a liar and a cheater!
    >
    > Folks, this unethical thief stole his shit from John O'Conner's blog at
    > <http://blogs.sun.com/CoreJavaTechTips/entry/creating_zip_and_jar_files>
    >
    > Shame on you, "jim". You have no honor.
    >
    > Just what do you hope to accomplish with this crap?

    It is just another Muppet from M. They do that to beef up their CV
    "Look future boss, I have this cool blog where I talk cool things
    about Java", and they do that to make advertising money.

    Imagine you chose programming as your major because you think you can
    make much money in programming. Imagine you have no talent and no
    interest in programming, software or CS at all. Imagine you cheated
    your way through university, buying exam results, bribing, paying
    others to do your homework, or found gullible people on Usenet doing
    it for you, etc. Imagine you get some degree and then you figure out
    that you are not the only one looking for a job, and that even the
    most desperate software company does some kind of screening before
    hiring. Even at their "just walk in" events. And they don't hire you.
    Imagine you turn to this counterfeit "Java Interview Question"
    collections you find all over the web, and imagine you still can't
    manage to appear knowledgeable after memorizing half of them. Things
    like talking about Swing*s* give it away. You find this counterfeit
    "Tips for getting hired and making lots of $$$ in the Web 2.0 age" on
    the web. Imagine it says blogging is the way to impress. You have
    cheated all your way up to this point. What at this point prevents you
    from setting up a fake blog with stolen contents? Nothing.

    Hunter Gratzner, Aug 23, 2007
  4. On Aug 23, 11:37 am, Hunter Gratzner <> wrote:

    > Imagine you chose programming as your major because you think you can
    > make much money in programming. Imagine you have no talent and no
    > interest in programming, software or CS at all. Imagine you cheated
    > your way through university, buying exam results, bribing, paying
    > others to do your homework, or found gullible people on Usenet doing
    > it for you, etc. Imagine you get some degree and then you figure out
    > that you are not the only one looking for a job, and that even the
    > most desperate software company does some kind of screening before
    > hiring. Even at their "just walk in" events. And they don't hire you.
    > Imagine you turn to this counterfeit "Java Interview Question"
    > collections you find all over the web, and imagine you still can't
    > manage to appear knowledgeable after memorizing half of them. Things
    > like talking about Swing*s* give it away. You find this counterfeit
    > "Tips for getting hired and making lots of $$$ in the Web 2.0 age" on
    > the web. Imagine it says blogging is the way to impress. You have
    > cheated all your way up to this point. What at this point prevents you
    > from setting up a fake blog with stolen contents? Nothing.

    Could not have said this any better myself.

    I know a good number of people who have done this, and continue to do
    so. To add insult to injury, they get good paying jobs as well :(

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Aug 23, 2007
  5. jim

    Twisted Guest

    On Aug 23, 2:37 pm, Hunter Gratzner <> wrote:
    > cheated all your way up to this point. What at this point prevents you
    > from setting up a fake blog with stolen contents? Nothing.

    Plagiarized, perhaps. Stolen would mean that the original author was
    deprived of theirs, which would seem to be unlikely barring a
    malicious defacement of their Web site with data destruction plus
    their not having had any backups.

    Not to suggest that plagiarism isn't itself a fairly serious matter.
    Fortunately, these days it's *very* easy to detect, thanks in large
    part to Google.

    Twisted, Aug 23, 2007