Java, Terminals

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcelo, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. Marcelo

    Marcelo Guest

    Hi,

    I am having a very hard time here trying to figure out how to fix this
    problem with java.

    I am working with many computers connected by a LAN. To use them I
    should connect my computer with a ssh connection.

    I would like to connect to the machine_1 and launch a thread (calling a
    program to be executed), then I would like to login in machine_X and run
    another thread. Everything, without loosing the information that
    machine_1 gives me.

    I am using the Process class in order to execute
    rt.exec("ssh -X machine");
    However, the threads only runs on the application host...

    How can I resolve this?

    thank you very much,

    Marcelo

    Marcelo, Oct 3, 2005

  2. Marcelo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:46:54 +0200, Marcelo <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >How can I resolve this?

    you need a piece of code that lets you login via telnet/ssh to remote
    machine and pretend to be the typist with Java methods. You are
    trying to do too indirectly.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ssh.html

    Surely one of those links will do it for you.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2005