Java threads and WinLogon processes taking CPU

Discussion in 'Java' started by Larry Minj, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Larry Minj

    Larry Minj Guest

    We are seeing a strange problem. We have a multi-threaded java
    application
    that is deployed on a Microsoft Windows 2000 server (SP4) with Citrix
    Metaframe XP (Feature release 2). When this application starts, we
    start to see
    multiple WINLOGON.EXE processes (20 plus) each taking up 1-2% of CPU -
    this raises the CPU usage on the server significantly, impacting
    performance.

    We have tested with JDK 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 and see the same issues. If
    we
    run the java application in a single thread, we dont see the same
    issue.

    Has any one seen this problem before? Any suggestion on how this can be
    resolved?

    Thanks in advance!

    Larry Minj, Apr 27, 2005