Java threads and WinLogon processes taking CPU

Larry Minj

We are seeing a strange problem. We have a multi-threaded java
application
that is deployed on a Microsoft Windows 2000 server (SP4) with Citrix
Metaframe XP (Feature release 2). When this application starts, we
start to see
multiple WINLOGON.EXE processes (20 plus) each taking up 1-2% of CPU -
this raises the CPU usage on the server significantly, impacting
performance.

We have tested with JDK 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 and see the same issues. If
we
run the java application in a single thread, we dont see the same
issue.

Has any one seen this problem before? Any suggestion on how this can be
resolved?

Thanks in advance!