Java / TWAIN / HP Scanner question

Discussion in 'Java' started by No Such Luck, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. No Such Luck

    No Such Luck Guest

    Hi All:

    I have an HP scanjet 8200 that I am trying to access directly from a
    java applet using TWAIN. I am using the lastest driver I can find
    (col6906mu1.exe) dated May, 2004. I have several problems:

    1) I can specify the java applet to scan the top-left 8.5" x 11"
    (UN_INCHES) area of the glass at 150 dpi. However, this should result
    in an 1275 x 1650 image, but it results in an 1272 x 1650 image. Any
    idea why?

    2) Also, it seems like certain scanner features like "autostraighten",
    etc. are turned *on* by default. I would like these features turned off
    by default. I just want whatever is in the top-left 8.5" x 11" area of
    the glass (no corrections!) However, use of many java/TWAIN functions
    (e.g.,
    setAutoRotate(false)) return an error code of -13, indicating that they
    are not supported TWAIN operations for this scanner. Can this really
    be, or am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

    No Such Luck, Apr 22, 2005