java.util.concurrent (JSR-166) in 1.4.2

chotchkie

Hi All,
I am looking to use the java.util.concurrent package in my application
because it provides exactly what I need to handle my threading. Only
problem is that I cannot use the latest JDK (1.5). Instead I am stuck
using 1.4.2_06. I found out that the package is JSR-166, and found the
concurrency site here:
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/
The problem is, the jar that is available for download seems like it is
the jar that is included in the jdk releases (meaning it has
dependencies on other 1.5 classes like java.lang.Enum, and possibly jvm
updates). Has anyone had any experience getting this package to work
in 1.4.2? I do realize there is a backport that some guy wrote, but I
would like to stick with more reputable sources, if possible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Dave

chotchkie

Hello and thanks for your reply. I had seen that but it is difficult
to bring in a 3rd party product into my company, and I was wondering if
there was anything more established out there? Maybe something tied to
the JSR process?

Thanks Again,
Dave