Java / Virtual Memory Problem with Irix 6.5

Carla Tironi Farinati

Hi!, I'm Carla. I'm running Irix 6.5 with 1gb of physical RAM, when I
try to use some virtual memory with a program called ImageJ (jar file)
and I put for example 2gb of max memory I get an error msg telling me
to upgrade irix to the latest version (I believe it's 6.5.27) to use
virtual memory with Java. (All the latest versions available of
JAva/JRW/Dev installed).
Is there any workaround to avoid to upgrade?. Anybody had the same
problem?. Many thanks for reading.
Best regards,

Carla Tironi Farinati

Tjerk Wolterink

Carla said:
Hi!, I'm Carla. I'm running Irix 6.5 with 1gb of physical RAM, when I
try to use some virtual memory with a program called ImageJ (jar file)
and I put for example 2gb of max memory I get an error msg telling me
to upgrade irix to the latest version (I believe it's 6.5.27) to use
virtual memory with Java. (All the latest versions available of
JAva/JRW/Dev installed).

I dont know Iric or ImageJ but what your saying is wrong.
the JVM does not implement virtual memory, the operating system does.
So maybe your operating system does not support virtual memory?