Java VM - How to prompt user to install SUN Plugin?

Guest

I have a Java Applet, but it only works for latest Sun Java VM (doesn't work
for Microsoft VM), is there a way to prompt users to install Sun's plugin?
Just like Flash does, it automatically detects using some javascript or
<object> tag activeX stuff and prompt user to download latest plugin. Any
idea?

Andrew Thompson

I have a Java Applet, but it only works for latest Sun Java VM (doesn't work
for Microsoft VM), ..

...There are a few in between the 1.1.4 MSVM and
Sun Java 1.5.0 RC.
.. is there a way to prompt users to install Sun's plugin?

<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#version>

Please do not cross-post, especially between c.l.j.programmer
and c.l.j.help, they are very dirfferent groups.
* Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help only. *

--
Andrew Thompson