Java Web Frameworks

Roy van Loon

[JAVA WEB FRAMEWORKS]

In this thread i want to give attention to the Java Web Frameworks

[JAVA FRAMEWORKS]
The well known and bigger frameworks:
Struts (1.x series) - http://struts.apache.org/
Spring MVC Framework - http://www.springframework.org/
JavaServer Faces (JSF) - http://myfaces.apache.org/
Webwork - http://www.opensymphony.com/webwork/
Tapestry - http://stripes.mc4j.org/confluence/display/stripes/Home

De smaller and newer frameworks:
Stripes - http://stripes.mc4j.org/confluence/display/stripes/Home
Click - http://click.sourceforge.net
Wicket - http://wicket.sourceforge.net
Seam - http://www.jboss.com/products/seam
Thinwire - http://www.thinwire.com
RIFE - http://rifers.org
Shale - http://shale.apache.org
Echo2 - http://www.nextapp.com/platform/echo2/echo
Grails - http://grails.codehaus.org

Not to forget to mention the upcomming:
Struts 2(combo between Struts en WebWork) - http://struts.apache.org/2.0.5/

[INFORMATION]

A couple of interesting links that could be usefull:

What Web Application framework should you use? -
http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/06/isnt_rails_supposed_to_change.html
RE: What Web Application framework should you use? -
http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/re_what_web_application_framework
Java Web Framework Sweet Spots - By Matt Raible -
http://www.virtuas.com/articles/webframework-sweetspots.html
Comparing Web Frameworks Presentation -
https://equinox.dev.java.net/framework-comparison/WebFrameworks.pdf

[RESEARCH]

I have to research after "Development Technologies for Rich Content
Websites". In this case i have the definition of a problem:
"For every new customer, the look-and-feel of the website must be
changed to their preferences, usually including corporate templates
etc. Changing the look-and-feel is sometimes time consuming."

To answer this problem/question i have to make a conclusion verdict of
this where i will describe which framework would suit the best to
solve this problem. This is offcource based on come criteria.

[PURPOSE]

The purpose of this thread is to find out, similar to the useful blogs
i posted above, what the community think of this subject (this because
the comment on those blogs a a little outdated):

What do you think which framework is better, and why?
With which are you familiar with?
What is your vision about this subject?
Which framework would suit the best for me in this case and the reason
why?

Regards,

Roy