Java Web Start and .jar access

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jacob, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. Jacob

    Jacob Guest

    The normal approach for using JWS is to make a
    set of jars available on a server, make an entry
    point (the jnlp file) and list the jars there and
    in the main jar manifest.

    For various reasons I need a setup where some of the
    jars should be picked up from the client machine
    rather than being transfered to the client by JWS.

    Is this possible?

    I know the location of the jars on the client, and
    the program is written to handle the case where they
    cannot be found.

    I expect the ClassLoader is the way to go? Are there
    any security issues? What are the implications for my
    ..jnlp file and my Manifest file?

    Thanks!

    Jacob, Feb 3, 2005