Java Web Start and .jar access

Jacob

The normal approach for using JWS is to make a
set of jars available on a server, make an entry
point (the jnlp file) and list the jars there and
in the main jar manifest.

For various reasons I need a setup where some of the
jars should be picked up from the client machine
rather than being transfered to the client by JWS.

Is this possible?

I know the location of the jars on the client, and
the program is written to handle the case where they
cannot be found.

I expect the ClassLoader is the way to go? Are there
any security issues? What are the implications for my
..jnlp file and my Manifest file?

Thanks!